Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Jan 1, 2010 falls on a Friday. So it was a long weekend. On the eve, I went home to be with the family at Desa Park City to spend time and countdown to 2010. We met Sheau May's family. En and Hui played with May's children until it is time for the count. Spectacular fireworks display, I like it a lot although it was quite tiring for me to last until midnight and then have to endure the jam when all the revellers start their car and head home at the same time.

Friday, Jan 1, we spent the time at home. Doing our weekly and monthly house chores. Spend the whole afternoon running this and that. I fried some rice for the family for lunch, continuing with our housework with the kids running about as usual. At night, I went with EnHui to YuLing's house for EuEan birthday celebration. I think En had a great time. Hui slept the 1st half and woke up. I thought I handled it very well. While Shannon when to spend some time with friends.

Saturday, Jan 2, More house chores. The air-con service man turned up to service the ac. While we continue our house chores. Ironing. Anyway, it was quite tiring. Time passes. And then the kids went to bed early, right before that, I did art and craft with En. She was visibly tired.

Sunday, we cooked some pasta at night, and En continue on her 2nd story writing on my pc this time and send it out. I also spend time in doing some experiment with EnHui on the flammability of kerosene. Also, explained some science phenomenon to En in her science book. Sunday morning, I spent time with En buying paint, castor wheel and some food stuff. I paint the metal wire bathroom racks which were rusty. Fix the pullout bed wheel, fix the lever on the toy chest and do some sewing. Next week, I will try to buy a paint brush and finish the 2nd part of the paint maintenance job.

Next week, we will try to fix Shannon's pc, which will be given to En for use and buy another pc for Shannon. I think En is starting to use the pc slowly, and learning how to type words. Is the 2nd time she uses it. I think she is getting on and again, I have to be careful and not be overly enthusiastic and over-teach and make her lose interest. She is great I think. Have a very good mind, there are a few occasion of me noticing her good mind at work. She is 6 this year. She is able to solve problem. E.g. she said if all the keys on the pc are faded off, then people will have to remember the position of all the keys in order to use. If not, one will have to look at a existing pc in order to know the location of each characters when one wants to use the pc with faded keys. I thought is a good problem solving then again, i maybe bias or too lenient. Or is it most kids know this.

I have been very productive this week. Which led me to feel better about myself. At the same, with my time spent with En, I feel that I have to spend even more time with them. I think the children want to play together with me. To do this, I need to go home from work early and I must adjust my time in going to work to normal time at 8.00am.

I have been able to replicate good productivity (on weekends) more often now. And I am able to be patient with the family more often as well. I think I can do better. I will try to do better. With that the children and Shannon will also do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment